Start Creating Amazing Graphics and Illustrations.
Learn to create amazing vector content from start to finish.
If you are an eLearning developer or a graphic artist that supports a Learning Development team then you need to know how to leverage the drawing power of Adobe Illustrator. You don’t have time to sit through hours of online tutorials that show you how to perform a single task.
This 1-Day class was developed for the express purpose of teaching you exactly how to create vector graphics for use in elearning rapid development applications like Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate and others. Cut through all of the fluff and get down to business with real-world examples in this project based class.
Classes are taught on the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Learn essential skills in just one day!
- Hands-on exercises
- View class recordings for up to six months
- Instruction from eLearning experts
Lesson 1: Getting to Know the Work Area
- Understanding “Workspaces”
- Creating a Custom Workspace
- Changing the view of Artwork
- Creating New Illustrator Documents
- Working with Artboards
- Viewing and Arranging Multiple Documents Simultaneously
Lesson 2: Creating and Editing Shapes
- Drawing with Shape Tools
- Working with Strokes
- Selecting Objects
- Aligning Objects
- Grouping Objects
- Using Layers to Stay Organized
- Using Rulers and Guides
- Scaling and Rotating Shapes
- Moving and Duplicating Shapes
Lesson 3: Drawing with the Pen and Pencil Tools
- Getting Familiar with the Pen Tool
- Working with Anchor Points
- Drawing a Complex Shape with the Pen Tool
- Editing your Pen Tool Shapes
- Freehand Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Editing a Pencil Tool Drawing
Lesson 4: Color
- Understanding Color Modes
- Mixing a Custom Color
- Creating a Color Swatch
- Importing Pantone Colors
- Creating Gradients
- Generating Color Themes
Lesson 5: Creating a Character
- Drawing the basic body shape
- Illustrating arms and hands
- Adding facial features
- Developing additional poses and expressions
- Marionette your character
Lesson 6: Saving and Sharing Vector Content
- Saving Your Work
- Exporting for eLearning Production